Senior Citizens in the Philippines who are at least 60 years old are granted privileges and benefits given by the Philippine Government.
The government has made it possible to provide services and benefits to recognize the importance of Senior Citizens for older persons.
HOW TO APPLY?
A Senior Citizen’s ID is issued by the Office of Senior Citizens Affairs (OSCA) in the city where the senior resides. To be able to get a Senior Citizen ID, the applicants must comply with the simple requirements below:
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be a FILIPINO CITIZEN who is a resident of the Philippines
- Must be 60 years old or above
- Those who have Dual Citizenship can apply provided that they prove their Filipino citizenship and have at least 6 months residency in the Philippines
- NSO Birth Certificate
- Latest 1×1 colored photo
- Valid ID (SSS, Driver’s license)
20 % DISCOUNT and VAT EXEMPTION
- MEDICINE PURCHASES- A 20% discount shall apply to the purchase of generic or branded medicines and drugs for senior citizens including vitamins and mineral supplements tahat medically prescribed by a physician for prevention and treatment of diseases.
- DOMESTIC TRANSPORTATION- For the fare for domestic air and sea travel and advanced booking shall be subject to the 20% discount and VAT exemption.
- RECREATION CENTERS- 20% discount on fees, charges and rental for sports facilities, venues for ballroom dancing, yoga, badminton courts or other sport related activities.
- RESTAURANTS, HOTELS, RESORTS, PLACE OF LEISURES and FUNERAL SERVICES -There will be a discount for room accommodation and for other amenities offered by the establishment.
- .ADMISSION FEES PRIVILEGES- 20% discount shall be applied to theaters, concert halls, circuses, carnivals, museum and amusement parks.
- BURIAL AND FUNERAL SERVICES